Easter is right around the corner and to get in the spirit, here is a quick and simple Easter treat to enjoy.
This recipe is from myrecipemagic.com and the treats are called Peanut Butter Chocolate Nests. They look just like little chicken nests with colorful eggs sitting atop them.
– ¼ cup butter
– Four ½ cups miniature marshmallows
– ½ cup milk chocolate chips
– ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
– Four cups chow mein noodles
– 54 Cadbury eggs (mini, 2/3 of a bag)
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large, non-stick stock pot.
- Allow nests to cool before consuming. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter, until melted. Remove mixture from heat.
- Fold in the chow mein noodles until everything is coated evenly.
- Spoon nests onto lightly greased wax paper or a silicone baking mat, using cold water to help shape the nests with your fingers.
- Immediately place 3 Mini Cadbury Eggs in the center of each nest while they are still warm, so the eggs will adhere to the nests and not fall off.
Make these for a family party, a gathering of friends, or just for yourself to enjoy and celebrate the joy of Easter. Your friends and family will be impressed by these creative yet simple treats.