by Katie Ketterer
Senior Katie Ketterer, sat down with Dr. Lawrence Force, Chair of the Division of Social Sciences; Professor of Psychology, and Director of The Center on Aging and Policy at Mount Saint Mary College.
1) What are your most played songs on your ipod?
A: David Crosby/Still and Nash/Joni Mitchell
2) If you were in a street fight, what colleagues would you want on your side?
A: Any/All of them because everyone brings different skills to the table.
3) Without naming name, what is the craziest/memorable thing a student has done in class?
Nothing stands out as remarkable but there are very interesting moments throughout my teaching career..
4) What is the dumbest/craziest most memorable thing you have done during class?
A: Not so much craziest, but I look to push students out of the box, and it is very interesting and crazy seeing how they react to what I do.
5) Be honest, have you texted in class?
A: Yes, but not for any other reason than to get health statuses and updates on family members,
6) Your pet peeve?
A: I don’t necessarily know if this is a pet peeve, but there needs to be sense of equality across all boards
7) What is something you don’t get about our generation?
A: Most of communication is electronic.
8) What was the last movie you saw?
A: Moonrise Kingdom
9) Your feelings on Honey Boo Boo
A: I have no idea who that is.
10) If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to play the lead role as you?
A: Obviously Brad Pitt.
11) What was your first job?
A: Working in a stationary store.
12) If you won the lottery, what would you do first…besides charity?
A: I would do exactly what I am doing now, except less of it.
13) What do you hope students say about you?
A: That I was great teacher and that I somehow inspired them. (Coming from a student of his, that is exactly what I would say he is/does)
14) If you weren’t a professor, what would you be doing?
A: Motivational Speaker
15) If you were written about in the newspaper, on the front page, what would the headline read?
A: The person who inspired others.