by Nicole Allen
• Opening Ceremony: Designing duo Carol Lim and Humberto Leon put on a show quite unlike the rest. The models in the show walked down the runway and midway through did a synchronized dance. These models were not just runway models but also ballet dancers from the New York Ballet Company. The dancers strutted down the runway with grace and ease wearing flowing dresses and skirts. Overall the models and clothing were simply on point.
• Givenchy: Riccardo Tisci has outdone himself once again. The designer decided to hold his show at Pier 26, where A-list celebrities and fashion’s elite came to see the new looks from Mr. Tisci. The show was filled with soft silhouettes and lace camisoles with black skirts and pants, while the couture dresses were bold and voluminous.
• Tommy Hilfiger: The name stake brand is known for a thematic runway to compliment his collection. This year, Tommy Hilfiger took us to the beach with his Jamaican themed fashion show filled with crochet bikinis and colorful bucket hats. The show also featured the ultimate beach babes Bella and Gigi Hadid, along with other top models such as Hailey Baldwin, Binx Walton and Stella Maxwell.
• Alexander Wang: For the 10th anniversary of the designers name stake brand, Alexander Wang decided to throw a party and a big one at that. The show was filled with top A-list celebrities from Kanye West to Lady Gaga. The designer incorporated both men and women’s wear for his show, which featured a range of frayed, leather and striped pants. It also featured bucket hats, perforated shirts and chain embellishments all in the classic Alexander Wang aesthetic.
• DKNY: Over the past few months there has been some major changes at the New York born company; Donna Karen decided to step down as head designer of her name stake brand at the beginning of the summer. Only a few months before fashion week, who was going to be the head designers to put together a spring 2016 collection? Here enters Dao-YI Chow and Maxwell Osborne, better known collectively as the head designers of their start up brand, Public School. The designers showcased a lot of pinstripes, oversized tee-shirts and a range of shirt dresses.
New York Fashion Week has come to a close for yet another season. However, there is still many more shows to be seen in London, Milan and Paris. Let’s hope that these shows will be just as amazing as the ones in New York!