For the ones who are taken:
1. “Between the Raindrops” by Lifehouse featuring Natasha Bedingfield – This moving duet will work perfectly for you and your valentine. “Look around. There’s no one but you and me right here and now. The way it was meant to be.” With lyrics like these, you will have your boyfriend or girlfriend smiling from ear to ear.
2. “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra – It seems that today’s music has lost its romantic touch, so why not bring it back to the good old days? “Fill my heart with song. Let me sing forever more. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.” These lyrics will set the mood just right for you and your sweetie’s Valentine’s Day.
3. “Forget Me Not” by The Civil Wars – You heard The Civil Wars when they sang “Safe & Sound” with Taylor Swift, but you have not heard them like this. An amazing duo, with a talent for writing deep lyrics, will leave nothing but a smile on anyone’s face. “Tell me that you’ll always be true, and you will be the only one for me.”
4. “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars – We’ve all heard this one while hanging out with our friends or driving down the interstate, singing at the top of our lungs. However, this song is perfect for Valentine’s Day. Everybody wants to be told that their “eyes make the stars look like they’re not shining,” right?
5. “Love on Top” by Beyoncé – The chorus of this song says it all: “Baby, it’s you. You’re the one I love. You’re the one I need. You’re the only one I see.” Not only are the lyrics perfect for Valentine’s Day, but they will get you and your loved one off of your feet and dancing close to one another.
For single girls:
1. “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” by Kelly Clarkson – Kelly says it all. You don’t have a boyfriend? So what! It hasn’t killed you yet, and you’re stronger for it. So, don’t feel down! Dance around to this upbeat tune and feel good about yourself!
2. “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera – “You are beautiful, no matter what they say.” You definitely don’t need a man to make you feel beautiful because you’re beautiful whether single or taken.
3. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor – “At first I was afraid. I was petrified.” No, don’t be! This is just a reminder because some of you might forget. You can get through this holiday happily!
4. “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé – Beyoncé seems to have a solution to everything, doesn’t she? Girls, get up on your feet and show those boys what they are missing! Who knows, maybe if they like it, they’ll put a ring on it.
5.– “Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj – Alicia gave us an amazing girl-power song with this hit. “She got both feet on the ground, and she’s burning it down.” We all need to look at ourselves this way. Feel confident, whether or not we are single. “Hottest of the hottest girls.” That’s all of us.
For single guys:
1.“Thrift Shop” by Macklemore – You might ask, “Why this song for Valentine’s Day?” Because now that you don’t have to buy a girl flowers, chocolates, or a ridiculously oversized teddy bear, you can spend that money on something much better. “I’m going to pop some cash, only got $20 in my pocket.” Oh yeah.
2. “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself) by Ne-Yo – For those guys that are looking for a girl, this song might lead you in the right direction. “Girl, let me love you, and I will love you until you learn to love yourself.” Any girl would get swept away with those lyrics.
3. “99 Problems” by Hugo – You know how the rest goes. Does anything else need to be said? Being single isn’t always a bad thing because then you don’t have to worry about a girl’s drama.
4. “One More Night” by Maroon 5 – This song is just another reminder that having a girlfriend can be more trouble than it’s worth at times. “You and I go hard at each other like we going to war. You and I go rough. We keep throwing things and slamming the door.” Feel good that you don’t have to deal with that this Valentine’s Day.
5. “Hall of Fame” by The Script – This is a feel-good song for the guys. “You could be the greatest. You can be the best.” Pump yourselves up by listening to this. Go to the gym on Valentine’s Day. Work out. Who knows, maybe you’ll do something great and end up in some sort of hall of fame or a date for next Valentine’s Day.