by Victoria Alario
Doesn’t it seem impossible to have cute clothes for school when you just have so many other priorities to pay for? Well, have no fear! The fashion blogger on a budget is here! Here’s what I do when it comes to shopping the newest trends and still saving money:
- Don’t cry because your favorite celebrity is wearing the Valentino Rockstud Pumps, shop the same look for 96 percent cheaper at Charlotte Russe. YES. I said NINETY-SIX PERCENT.
- Stay up-to-date with Collge Fashionista’s Style Gurus who actually do wear celebrity styled outfits for more than half the price.
- If you’re going to binge shop, don’t splurge on jeans and tops. Buy yourself jackets, scarves, hats and other accessories so you can turn the same jeans and top into five different outfits!
- Put all the money you plan on using to shop into a savings account, and do not touch it.
- With the money you save, don’t just pick up an item or two here and there. Save for months, and then go on a shopping spree for an entire season! There’s no greater pain than carrying heavy bags around the mall.
- Lastly, and most obviously, become best friends with the sale rack. Don’t just look for what’s new (your friends will probably have already bought those items and now you can borrow them!). That’s sounds like a win/win situation to me.
Hope my tips help all of my fellow fashionistas out. Happy shopping… or should I say bargain hunting!